Annual Session 2022
with you in mind
As we prepare for the 2022 Annual Session, we are working hard to create a safe, worry-free experience for you that will enable you to grow through education and connections that are insightful, meaningful and actionable.
The AAO is committed to providing a safe and healthy gathering during Annual Session 2022 for all attendees, guests, staff, and exhibitors. The AAO COVID-19 protocols followed at Annual Session will comply with all state and local guidelines in effect at the time of the conference.
To learn more about the latest guidelines in Miami Beach, Florida, please follow these links.
For the most current CDC recommendation regarding travel, visit the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention website at CDC.gov.
Proof of vaccination will not be required to attend Annual Session 2022. Still, for the health and safety of all attendees, the AAO recommends that attendees who can be vaccinated do so.
Per Miami ordinances and CDC guidelines, masks are currently optional but recommended at the Miami Beach Convention Center. The AAO will monitor all safety guidelines and will update procedures as they change.
Signs will be posted throughout the Miami Beach Convention Center, reminding attendees to stay at least six feet apart when interacting with other attendees. There are reduced room capacities for all rooms where education sessions and other events are taking place. Numerous hand sanitizing stations will be available throughout the convention center. Additionally, the Miami Beach Convention Center has installed new, high-efficiency MERV filters to improve air filtration in the building, and all HVAC systems comply with CDC Guidelines.
There are numerous COVID-19 testing locations around Miami Beach close to the Miami Beach Convention Center. For a complete list of testing sites, please visit this page.
If you need a PCR test before returning home, the location closest to the Center is:
- 852 Collins Ave, Miami Beach, FL 33139
- Open Monday – Saturday 8am-6pm, Sunday 8am-3pm
Per the guidance and recommendations set forth by the CDC and local health officials, we respectfully request that the following guests not attend the meeting:
- Guests who are feeling sick or experiencing cold or flu-like symptoms (including fever, cough, and shortness of breath)
- Guests who have been diagnosed with, or believe they have contracted, COVID-19, unless no fever has been present for 72 hours (without the use of medicine) and 10 days have passed since symptoms first appeared
- Guests who have not been fully vaccinated and have been in contact with an individual diagnosed with COVID-19 within the past 14 days